Cork City FC to attend sustainable finance workshop
Cork City FC board members John Kennedy and Mike Derham and the club’s Business Development Manager, Lisa Fallon, are travelling to Malmo FF this weekend to take part in the second of three Erasmus + workshops.
The two-day event in Sweden will focus on Sustainable Finance, a key issue at the heart of every football club.
Some of the questions to be examined include:
- What do we mean by financial sustainability and how can this be achieved?
- What alternative sources of finance are available for organisations that are committed to operating in a sustainable, democratic, transparent manner?
- How can an organisation remain sustainable whilst at the same time maintaining an ethical approach and not ‘selling out’?
- How should extra community work (for example one-off projects) be funded?
- What’s the best way to monitor and evaluate financial performance?
Cork City FC is a club partner in the Clubs and Supporters for Better Governance in Football project, which is co-funded by Uefa, the European Union’s Erasmus + funding stream and SD Europe.
The club welcomed FC United of Manchester to Leeside in October as part of the initiative and will pay a return visit in Broadhurst Park in the new year. Malmo FF and Schalke 04 will also visit Cork in 2017.
The weekend will also see the first ever SD Europe AGM. Established in 2007, SD Europe is now a pan-European members organisation welcoming national supporters’ organisations, including the Irish Supporters Network, to have a formal input into the organisation.
For more information on the Clubs and Supporters for Better Governance in Football project, visit www.sdeurope.eu.